Windows 10 Free Upgrades ends July
- Published: Monday, 25 April 2016 16:36
Windows 10 Free Upgrades
Windows 10 has been around for over 6 months so the count down to July when the free upgrade will finish is just 3 months away.
Some users have taken advantage of the upgrade and others have waited, for some its been an easy upgrade but some machines just won't upgrade without some assistance.
Here are some of the new features:
- The new version has seen the return of the Start menu which has been missed from Windows 8 by most business users.
- The Store which appeared in windows 8 and 8.1 allows users to download applications in a similar way to the Google Play or Apple App Store. Business users can disable this to prevent staff running up larges bills for games.
- Cortana is your new personal assistant, which you can talk to if you fine your files or need help with an application. Or just want her to tell you a joke.
- The new browser - Microsoft Edge which allows you to take notes and preview other tabs you have open and links to Cortana too.
- Windows Hello - New sign in methods - you can sign in using your camera or fingerprint or just your password using the keyboard if you really want to.
- OneDrive has been integrated even more to work with your files, syncing files so they appear offline.
- Touch - if you have a tablet or laptop with a touch screen you can switch to tablet mode or use some of the gestures using a touchpad.
Should you wish to discuss the upgrades and schedule a time when our staff can assist you, please give us a call.