Mobile Exchange Setup - Android
- Published: Wednesday, 16 July 2014 15:08
Setting up Exchange Mail, Contact Sync and Calendar
The basic email application that is already present on the Droid will set up these services simply. Before you can begin you must already have an Exchange server in place with active sync and OWA configured. It is also recommended that you have SSL configured for security.
- Open the application menu by tapping the upward arrow.
- Tap the email icon towards the bottom of the list.
- Three options should be listed on the side: POP3 account, IMAP account and Exchange Account.
- Select Exchange Account.
- Now you need to enter your exchange username in the form of domain\username then enter your account password if it is not auto-filled from step 3.
- Next you need to enter your exchange server name. This will be in the form of mailserver.domain.com
- Also remember to check the box next to Use Secure Connection (SSL) then tap Done. (Note: you may also need to check Accept all SSL certificates)
- Continue configuring the remaining options as desired then tap Next. These options should be how often the email is checked, the amount that should be synchronized, to sync contacts from the account in question and whether or not to notify the user when new mail arrives.
- Assign an account name if desired.
- Assign a display name for the email account.
- Tap Done.
If all of the credentials were entered correctly, the email and contacts should synchronize immediately. Emails will show up in the inbox immediately. In this section, more options can be changed if desired. Simply tap the Menu icon, which is directly left of the icon labelled Home. Then tap Account Settings. Options that may be changed are as follows:
- Account name
- Your name
- Email check frequency
- Amount to synchronize
- Default account if desired
- Email notifications
- Select ringtone
- Incoming settings to modify server settings
- Sync contacts